What Information Do We Collect About You and Why
You may browse the Site without registering. If you decide to purchase any products, you must provide payment, billing and shipping information but you are not required to open an account (though you may find that it is more convenient to make future purchases if you do so). We may collect information directly from you, from your use of the Site, and from other sources. In general, here are the types of information we gather:
Account Information. Users may log into the Site by registering for a GamerFood Account or through Facebook Connect.
- GamerFood Account Registration. You also may log-in to the Site by registering for a GamerFood account. When you register for an account, we collect your e-mail and password (which you will use to log in), and your name, contact information and payment information, and may also ask you to submit other optional information.
Payment Information. When you make a purchase from us, we collect your shipping address and your credit/debit card number, expiration date, and other billing information necessary to process the transaction. We use this information to process your transaction. While we may store your billing and shipping address, we will not store your credit/debit card number and expiration date, unless you ask us to save them for future purchases.
Facebook and Twitter Users. If you are a Facebook user, you can tell your friends that you “Like” us or our products. If you choose to “Like” us, we receive your Facebook user ID, the pages you were visiting when you chose to “Like” us, and other information about the offer you “Like.” If you are a Twitter user, you can tell your followers about us or our products using Twitter “Share.” If you choose to “Share” us, we receive your Twitter handle. We may combine the information we receive about Facebook and Twitter users with the Personal Information we have collected about them. For information about how Facebook or Twitter discloses your information, including any information you make public, please consult their respective privacy policies.
Site Activities. We may collect information about your activities, such as the length of time you are logged in, the pages you visit, the products you view or purchase, any comments you post, and other similar information. This information may be associated with the other Personal Information we collect about you.
Other Information. We may also collect or receive information about you from public sources or other third parties. We may combine this information with the other Personal Information we have collected about you. We have no control over the privacy and disclosure practices of these third parties; their use and disclosure of your Personal Information is subject to their respective privacy policies.
How We Use Personal Information
We use the Personal Information you provide us online for the following purposes:
- to provide you with our products and services, including to process and ship your orders;
- to respond to requests or inquiries from you, to communicate with you about your account or orders, and for similar customer-service-related purposes;
- to process your payments;
- to effectuate or enforce a transaction or agreement with you;
- to tailor the information we send or display to you, including to display customized advertisements on our Site;
- to provide you with information about our company or products, or those of third parties, that we believe may be of interest, including to send you marketing and promotional e-mails about such; and
- to analyze and improve our Site, offerings or Services and to better understand how Customers access and use our Site and Services, on an aggregated and individualized basis.
How We Disclose Personal Information
We may disclose any of the Personal Information we collect or receive through our Site and Services as follows:
- to our contractors or service providers who provide services or perform functions on our behalf;
- to our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- to joint-marketing partners and unaffiliated third parties that offer products or services that we believe may be of interest to you – these third parties may use your information for marketing purposes, such as to market products and services that they believe would be of interest to you.
- in response to a subpoena or other legal process by a governmental entity or third party, or if otherwise required or permitted by law;
- if we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, we may transfer the information that we have collected from you to the acquiring company;
- in the event of the sale or dissolution (bankruptcy) of assets, in whole or in part, of GamerFood or any of its affiliates.
Cookies and Analytics
Web Beacons. We (or our third party service providers) may use web beacons to track visitor activity on the Site. Web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer's hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on webpages and may not be disabled or controlled through your browser.
Third Parties. As noted, we may also engage third parties, including Google Analytics, to track and analyze Site activity on our behalf. To do so, these third parties may place cookies or web beacons to track user activity on our Site. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Site and to analyze usage of the Site.
We may send you emails from time-to-time, about information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also send you news and offers from us or other third parties, which may include information about special offers, products or offerings, or other items.
If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving these promotional e-mails from us, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mail about your account, any products that you have ordered from us, or for other customer service purposes.
Children Under 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has provided us with his or her personally identifiable information, we will take steps to immediately and securely delete such information.
We use commercially reasonable physical, technical and administrative measures to protect the security of the Personal Information that we collect or receive, including, where appropriate, password protection, encryption, and SSL to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time.
Special Information for California Consumers
If you are a California resident, you may request a list of all third parties to which GamerFood has disclosed certain personally identifiable information about you for marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
821 HollyVista Dr.
Pasadena, CA 91105
How To Contact Us